- Cross Timbers Hospice uses Secured Photo Capture from CellTrak Technologies for Improving Patient Care and Service Delivery.
It is the mission of Cross Timbers Hospice to provide quality hospice services that give those with terminal illnesses and their families the opportunity to live each day to the fullest, with choices and dignity. They are dedicated to improving the health and well-being of people who have long-term or advanced illness, whether they live alone, or with family or in a facility. The heart of Cross Timbers Hospice is the clinical team who provides and helps with the care people need. Cross Timbers Hospice is more than just a trusted name in their community, they are people who care and are dedicated to assisting patients in receiving the care they deserve.
Hospice is a special approach to care which combines medical expertise and compassion for those suffering with a life limiting illness. Cross Timbers Hospice focuses on a quality of life. To further their passion for patient care they implemented CellTrak Technologies latest feature, secured photo capture. This new feature allows photo capture at the point-of-care in a HIPAA secured fashion similar to secure messaging within its mobile application. The photo capture is useful along with GPS and electronic signature capture to prove a visit occurred as specified in the patients care plan and can be audited via the visit system of record from CellTrak.
Cross Timbers Hospice is about providing comfort, easing pain, listening, or sharing a smile. Their hospice affirms life and does not hasten the end of life. Cross Timbers Hospice decided to implement a mobile technology for real-time data, lowered mileage reimbursement and automation of care plans. Complete automation is fulfilled with an interface into their current EMR, which is Suncoast Solutions. The new feature is currently deployed to field staff for real time monitoring. Cross Timbers Hospice chose to use the latest Samsung Android devices running on the AT&T network.
Rachel Currier, HR Director, commented, “The photos we have captured of wounds were very eye opening to our nursing staff. Most times our CNA’s are first in the field to see what is happening with patient care and having the ability to send these to deploy more care will ultimately enhance patient care experience and pro-actively comfort patients in this very delicate time.”
“The new photo capture feature in the CellTrak solution has assisted with improving overall operational and occupational health and safety outcomes for enhanced patient care and service delivery,” shared Mark Dodge, Executive Director “The easy to use feature is secure, accurate and compliant. Since we can access the photos in the VisitManager portal, we are able to view the photos in the office in real-time and have the GPS evidence to assure our staff is safe and that patient care progressions are tracked and in some cases, alert other disciplines for timely interventions.”
This new feature allows multiple photos to be captured and the photos to reside only within the secured app and not on the device in the photo gallery. The photo as it is captured is date and time stamped along with the specific GPS quadrants of where the photo was taken. When visit notes are printed by the home healthcare agency the photos along with signature can also be included in the visit management report. In addition the photos tied to a specific visit are accessible via the VisitManager Portal. When medical treatments cannot cure an illness, Cross Timbers Hospice may be needed. A patient may be eligible for the benefits of Cross Timbers Hospice services when he or she has a life-limiting illness with a prognosis of six months or less, as determined by a physician. When the goal of treatment has changed from curative or aggressive care, to comfort care Cross Timbers Hospice will be there.
Michael K. Wons, President and CEO of CellTrak Technologies added, “This first of its kind feature for the home healthcare and hospice industry is making quite an impact. We developed this feature based on agency needs. Due to the increase of compliance issues and fraudulent activity, we needed to provide a cost effective and compliant solution that provides accountability, clinical features and real-time indisputable GPS evidence of care. Working with Cross Timbers Hospice, one of the first in the industry to use a secure application, has been a pleasure and we strive to continue to improve outcomes together.”
CellTrak solution offerings have gone beyond mobile and with a deep focus on removing fraud and increasing compliance. CellTrak has become the complete visit system of record. Photo capture, secured messaging and signature capture at the point of care to complete your visits without paper and can be interfaced into any of clinical, scheduling, billing and payroll partner systems and can also be interfaced into agency custom developed systems.
About Cross Timbers Hospice
We are dedicated to improving the health and well-being of people who have long-term or advanced illness, whether they live alone, or with family or in a facility. The heart of Cross Timbers Hospice is the clinical team who provides and helps with the care you need. Cross Timbers Hospice is more than just a trusted name in our community. We're people who care, dedicated to helping you get the health care you deserve. For more information please visit: www.crosstimbershospice.org
About CellTrak Technologies
CellTrak Technologies, Inc. is the leading provider of integrated mobile solutions for the home healthcare, hospice, and private duty markets. Our patented software-as-a-service solutions run on GPS-enabled mobile devices via a homecare technology platform which automates workflow and reduces cost. Data is transmitted wirelessly via our secure cloud based services making the data available real time where instantaneous integration is provided to the back-end clinical systems and the payer networks. Healthcare Workers across the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom deliver millions of successful visits every month via CellTrak.
For more information please visit: www.celltrak.com
- Redox Extends Capabilities of Salesforce Health Cloud with Patient Data from Electronic Medical Records
- Emanate Wireless Launches PowerPath Temp, Revolutionizes Healthcare Refrigeration Monitoring
- Mission Health Selects PeraHealth To Enhance Clinical Surveillance, Patient Safety
- UPMC Partners with Vivify Health for Mobile Population Health and Chronic Care Management
- Philips And Allianz Worldwide Partners Launch Connected Health Solution And Services In Germany
- Four Leading U.S. Health Systems Sign On To Improve ICU Care With Philips Enterprise Telehealth Programs
- Siemens Healthcare Limited Expands Consolidation With New Assays
- TriZetto’s New QNXT Configuration Solution Enables Healthcare Payers To Rapidly Change, Launch Products For Success In Post-Reform Market
- Cognizant to Acquire TriZetto - Creating A Fully-Integrated Healthcare Technology And Operations Leader
- BayCare Health System Recognized for Achievement in Electronic Medical Record Adoption by Leading Global Organization
Latest from Healthcare Technology Magazine News
- Global Healthcare IT Market Will Grow At A CAGR Of 5.7% to 2018
- BRHC Supports Centralisation Of Specialist Paediatric Services With Three New C-arms
- Procura Group of Companies Leads US Market
- CellTrak™ Achieves Major Milestone in roll-out of Latest Platform
- Introducing First-of-a-Kind PhysIQ Predictive Analytic Technology for Proactive Health Monitoring
- CareCloud Continues to Expand Market Footprint, Product Innovation, and Infrastructure for Growth in Second Quarter of 2014
- Mark VanderWerf Elected Chairman American Telemedicine Association’s Industry Council
- GlobalMed Announces New Alliance for Transforming Healthcare Delivery In The Middle East Through Telemedicine
- Secure Mobile Communication Market in Healthcare Industry
- The Promise of Integrated Healthcare: Health Information Systems