Wolters Kluwer Health, a leading provider of information and business intelligence for professionals, students and institutions in medicine, nursing, allied health and pharmacy, today announced that it has completed the acquisition of Health Language, Inc., a leader in the fast-growing Medical Terminology Management (MTM) market. The acquisition further expands Wolters Kluwer Health's leadership position and comprehensive solutions portfolio in the point-of-care market.
The addition of MTM solutions to Wolters Kluwer Health's portfolio of offerings will help Wolters Kluwer Health's hospital customers as well as EMR systems providers and payers increase adoption and use of electronic health records, meet Meaningful Use requirements, share critical clinical data and take greater advantage of technologies that can drive operational efficiencies and improve quality of care.
"This acquisition of Health Language is a fit with our strategy to continually expand our market-leading point-of-care solutions portfolio that helps customers around the globe realize the advantages of healthcare information technologies – within their business operations and at the point of care with patients," said Arvind Subramanian , President & CEO, Wolters Kluwer Health Clinical Solutions. "Health Language is a recognized leader in the MTM field and the right expert to provide our customers with new levels of system interoperability to meet current and future healthcare information sharing needs."
Health Language's medical content terminology databases and software solutions enable hospitals, electronic medical record system providers (EMRs) and payers around the globe to manage, update and map disparate medical vocabularies and administrative codes used in U.S. and international settings. The company's databases and software products include more than 180 standard terminologies and proprietary content sets to enable easier information sharing across many healthcare information technology systems. The company also provides clinical content and professional services to enable interoperability, web-based terminology mapping, Meaningful Use compliance and ICD-10 conversion, a system of coding created by the World Health Organization that is in various phases of implementation worldwide.
Health Language is headquartered in Denver, Colorado and has approximately 85 employees. The agreement to acquire Health Language was announced on October 17, 2012. Terms of the acquisition were not disclosed
Latest from Healthcare Technology Magazine News
- Global Healthcare IT Market Will Grow At A CAGR Of 5.7% to 2018
- BRHC Supports Centralisation Of Specialist Paediatric Services With Three New C-arms
- Procura Group of Companies Leads US Market
- CellTrak™ Achieves Major Milestone in roll-out of Latest Platform
- Introducing First-of-a-Kind PhysIQ Predictive Analytic Technology for Proactive Health Monitoring
- CareCloud Continues to Expand Market Footprint, Product Innovation, and Infrastructure for Growth in Second Quarter of 2014
- Mark VanderWerf Elected Chairman American Telemedicine Association’s Industry Council
- GlobalMed Announces New Alliance for Transforming Healthcare Delivery In The Middle East Through Telemedicine
- Secure Mobile Communication Market in Healthcare Industry
- The Promise of Integrated Healthcare: Health Information Systems