BC Technical, the nation's leading non-OEM molecular imaging solutions provider, has acquired Genesis Medical Imaging, a leader in diagnostic imaging service, refurbished systems and parts. This strategic acquisition will allow BC Technical to strengthen its capabilities in PET/CT and SPECT/CT, and expand its nationwide service coverage to now include standalone CT and MR. The expansion also positions BC Technical for PET/MR as it becomes more mainstream.
"Our acquisition of Genesis is just another step as we continue to evolve BC Technical for the future," said Mark Alvarez, president and CEO of BC Technical. "With Genesis, we are not only solidifying our position in PET/CT, SPECT/CT and PET/MR, but we can now provide nationwide service for standalone CT and MR. I'm excited to be able to strengthen and expand our offerings for our customers." Genesis, based in Huntley, Ill., provides service, systems and parts for CT, MR and PET/CT systems from all three of the major OEMs. Former CEO, Robert Dakessian, started the company 15 years ago and has devoted his career to growing the organization into what it is now, one of the industry's most respected companies.
Dakessian will remain available to assist during the transition. "BC Technical is an excellent fit with Genesis," Dakessian said. "Our management styles and philosophies are the same. We bring operating strengths to each other that make us stronger, more complete and more appealing to our customers. I'm incredibly proud of what we have accomplished, but the time to take Genesis to the next level of performance is now. BC Technical will make sure it happens."
Latest from Healthcare Technology Magazine News
- Global Healthcare IT Market Will Grow At A CAGR Of 5.7% to 2018
- BRHC Supports Centralisation Of Specialist Paediatric Services With Three New C-arms
- Procura Group of Companies Leads US Market
- CellTrak™ Achieves Major Milestone in roll-out of Latest Platform
- Introducing First-of-a-Kind PhysIQ Predictive Analytic Technology for Proactive Health Monitoring
- CareCloud Continues to Expand Market Footprint, Product Innovation, and Infrastructure for Growth in Second Quarter of 2014
- Mark VanderWerf Elected Chairman American Telemedicine Association’s Industry Council
- GlobalMed Announces New Alliance for Transforming Healthcare Delivery In The Middle East Through Telemedicine
- Secure Mobile Communication Market in Healthcare Industry
- The Promise of Integrated Healthcare: Health Information Systems