athenahealth, Inc.(NASDAQ: ATHN), a leading provider of cloud-based electronic health record (EHR), practice management, and care coordination services to medical groups and health systems, today announced that it has completed its acquisition of Epocrates, mobile health pioneer and developer of the most-widely adopted, point-of-care medical application among U.S. physicians.
Combining forces, athenahealth and Epocrates set out to be the best in the world at helping caregivers make decisions with confidence and efficiency in the moments of care. By leveraging Epocrates' mobile expertise with knowledge and data from athenahealth's cloud-based network, the combined company is uniquely positioned to introduce new mobile workflows and applications to fuel the delivery of high-value information to the clinical community when, where, and how they want it. Additionally, this acquisition accelerates athenahealth’s access to the clinician market, growing its current provider base of 40,000 to include the more than one million clinicians on the Epocrates network.
“Epocrates is king at supporting physicians at the point-of-care when immensely consequential clinical decisions are being made and additional clinical insight is needed,” said Jonathan Bush, Chairman and CEO of athenahealth, Inc. “The brand awareness, familiarity, and trust that Epocrates has garnered among U.S. physicians is inspiring and aligns with our mission to be medical caregivers’ most trusted service. We are committed to preserving the mobile experience that Epocrates has instilled at the point-of-care and will work to make mobility in health care even more meaningful through the introduction of workflows and capabilities that haven’t yet been part of the caregiver mobile toolset.”
Latest from Healthcare Technology Magazine News
- Global Healthcare IT Market Will Grow At A CAGR Of 5.7% to 2018
- BRHC Supports Centralisation Of Specialist Paediatric Services With Three New C-arms
- Procura Group of Companies Leads US Market
- CellTrak™ Achieves Major Milestone in roll-out of Latest Platform
- Introducing First-of-a-Kind PhysIQ Predictive Analytic Technology for Proactive Health Monitoring
- CareCloud Continues to Expand Market Footprint, Product Innovation, and Infrastructure for Growth in Second Quarter of 2014
- Mark VanderWerf Elected Chairman American Telemedicine Association’s Industry Council
- GlobalMed Announces New Alliance for Transforming Healthcare Delivery In The Middle East Through Telemedicine
- Secure Mobile Communication Market in Healthcare Industry
- The Promise of Integrated Healthcare: Health Information Systems