Absolute® Software Corporation (TSX: ABT), the industry standard for persistent endpoint security and management solutions for computers, laptops, tablets and smartphones, today announced it has acquired the assets of privately-held Palisade Systems, a data security and data loss prevention (DLP) provider.
The Palisade technology delivers enterprise data security solutions for web monitoring and filtering, data monitoring and DLP, based on Palisade's patented PacketSure Data Security Platform. Palisade Systems solutions enable healthcare, corporate, government and education organizations to monitor and secure sensitive and proprietary intellectual property, and to prevent it from leaving company networks and endpoints; define and enforce access to external network resources; and enforce compliance with federal privacy and industry security regulations.
Palisade Systems products have several key competitive advantages including easy deployment and operation, and comprehensive multiple-purpose capabilities. Palisade Systems is positioned by Gartner, Inc. in the Niche quadrant of the 2013 Magic Quadrant for Content-Aware Data Loss Prevention.
"Our customers have been requesting that we add this type of endpoint DLP capability to Computrace, our endpoint GRC offering. The technologies are complementary. We can now provide our customers with an expanded GRC offering that allows them to not only remotely invoke security commands to prevent and mitigate data breach scenarios, including data delete, data retrieval and device freeze, but also to now proactively monitor and manage data at risk on the endpoint," said John Livingston, CEO at Absolute Software. "We welcome the Palisade Systems' team to the Absolute family. Their expertise will add significant value and allow us to continue our impressive growth within the endpoint security space with an expanded GRC solution."
"We believe that integrating the Palisade DLP solutions into a module of Computrace will result in an unparalleled endpoint DLP offering that complements Absolute's endpoint data security and GRC expertise," said Guy Helmer, CTO at Palisade Systems. "Everyone at Palisade is excited to join the Absolute team and accelerate the growth of the combined business. As part of Absolute, while continuing to support our network DLP customers and prospects, we will be focusing our efforts in our first year on integration to enable Absolute customers to manage their endpoint DLP over the cloud from the Computrace Customer Center, to utilize persistence to ensure their endpoint policies stay in place, and to provide a simple to use DLP solution for our customers."
Latest from Healthcare Technology Magazine News
- Global Healthcare IT Market Will Grow At A CAGR Of 5.7% to 2018
- BRHC Supports Centralisation Of Specialist Paediatric Services With Three New C-arms
- Procura Group of Companies Leads US Market
- CellTrak™ Achieves Major Milestone in roll-out of Latest Platform
- Introducing First-of-a-Kind PhysIQ Predictive Analytic Technology for Proactive Health Monitoring
- CareCloud Continues to Expand Market Footprint, Product Innovation, and Infrastructure for Growth in Second Quarter of 2014
- Mark VanderWerf Elected Chairman American Telemedicine Association’s Industry Council
- GlobalMed Announces New Alliance for Transforming Healthcare Delivery In The Middle East Through Telemedicine
- Secure Mobile Communication Market in Healthcare Industry
- The Promise of Integrated Healthcare: Health Information Systems