The Médicus Group (« Médicus ») have announced that it is acquiring Oxybec Santé-confort (« Oxybec »), a Corporation specializing in daily life aids as well as autonomy and mobility support equipments.
Financial terms were not disclosed. Since 1988, Oxybec developed an expertise in the support of the ageing persons or in loss of autonomy by the sale, rental and after sale service of orthopedic and medical equipments. The Corporation offers latest technology products, insures the training of its personnel to meet the growing needs of the Québec clientele for the institutional and the private sectors, while adopting a responsible and fair behavior.
Jacinte Bleau, President and Chief Executive Officer of the Corporation, declared: "We are aware of the growing needs of an ageing customer base in Québec and the upcoming "Livre blanc" in the home care organization. The expertise of Mr. Christian Fabi and the Oxybec team adds to the Médicus know-how in order to better develop this market keeping in mind its quest for excellence".
Christian Fabi, for his part, said: "We are proud to partner with Médicus and The Jean Coutu Group who share our values and are highly concerned with offering high quality products and services. The sharing of the two companies' expertise will benefit our customers. Autonomy is security at home, the prevention of falls, the secure adaptation of the home, the fitting of a bathroom as well as bringing technical support to the people with reduced mobility or loss of autonomy".
Following this transaction, The Jean Coutu Group (PJC) inc. and the Bleau family each own 47.5% of the Corporation and Christian Fabi owns 5%.
- Redox Extends Capabilities of Salesforce Health Cloud with Patient Data from Electronic Medical Records
- Emanate Wireless Launches PowerPath Temp, Revolutionizes Healthcare Refrigeration Monitoring
- Mission Health Selects PeraHealth To Enhance Clinical Surveillance, Patient Safety
- UPMC Partners with Vivify Health for Mobile Population Health and Chronic Care Management
- Philips Enters New Agreement On Patient Monitoring Systems And Software With The Stockholm County Council
- Four Leading U.S. Health Systems Sign On To Improve ICU Care With Philips Enterprise Telehealth Programs
- National Decision Support Company Launches CareSelect
- TriZetto’s New QNXT Configuration Solution Enables Healthcare Payers To Rapidly Change, Launch Products For Success In Post-Reform Market
- Cognizant to Acquire TriZetto - Creating A Fully-Integrated Healthcare Technology And Operations Leader
- BayCare Health System Recognized for Achievement in Electronic Medical Record Adoption by Leading Global Organization
Latest from Healthcare Technology Magazine News
- Global Healthcare IT Market Will Grow At A CAGR Of 5.7% to 2018
- BRHC Supports Centralisation Of Specialist Paediatric Services With Three New C-arms
- Procura Group of Companies Leads US Market
- CellTrak™ Achieves Major Milestone in roll-out of Latest Platform
- Introducing First-of-a-Kind PhysIQ Predictive Analytic Technology for Proactive Health Monitoring
- CareCloud Continues to Expand Market Footprint, Product Innovation, and Infrastructure for Growth in Second Quarter of 2014
- Mark VanderWerf Elected Chairman American Telemedicine Association’s Industry Council
- GlobalMed Announces New Alliance for Transforming Healthcare Delivery In The Middle East Through Telemedicine
- Secure Mobile Communication Market in Healthcare Industry
- The Promise of Integrated Healthcare: Health Information Systems