Ascom Wireless Solutions, a world leader in mission-critical communication, recently acquired the Australian based company Integrated Wireless.
This strategic acquisition is an important step in the Ascom Wireless Solutions global growth strategy, giving the company direct access to the Australian and New Zealand markets and provides a foothold to further build up its position in the Asia Pacific markets.
"Ascom is very pleased to have acquired a business with such a good strategic fit. With this acquisition we do not only gain direct access to new markets, but also have the opportunity to combine Integrated Wireless' software and integration competence with our existing portfolio. This transaction represents the next step in building and strengthening the leading position of our Wireless Solutions Division, mainly in the global healthcare market, but also for our other business segments", says Fritz Mumenthaler, CEO of Ascom. I
ntegrated Wireless is a well-renowned specialist provider of wireless communication systems in Australia and New Zealand and has been the exclusive distributor of the Ascom Wireless Solutions portfolio for over ten years.
"We are very familiar with the Ascom Wireless Solutions products and solutions, but being a fully-owned company in the Ascom Wireless Solutions group gives us, and thereby our customers, direct access to a global network of partners, knowledge and experience from over 75,000 installed systems in different businesses", says Leo Silver, Managing Director of Ascom Integrated Wireless Pty. Ltd.
"The Ascom Wireless Solutions strong focus on healthcare is also very interesting for our markets", says Mr, Silver.
The global common challenge with a future high share of elderly people in need of care in relation to the number of people in working age, will increase the demand for intelligent workflow solutions, not only in hospitals but in the whole healthcare sector. "This is an area where Ascom Wireless Solutions has a unique competence and experience, which will benefit both our existing and potential customers", concludes Mr. Silver.
Latest from Healthcare Technology Magazine News
- Global Healthcare IT Market Will Grow At A CAGR Of 5.7% to 2018
- BRHC Supports Centralisation Of Specialist Paediatric Services With Three New C-arms
- Procura Group of Companies Leads US Market
- CellTrak™ Achieves Major Milestone in roll-out of Latest Platform
- Introducing First-of-a-Kind PhysIQ Predictive Analytic Technology for Proactive Health Monitoring
- CareCloud Continues to Expand Market Footprint, Product Innovation, and Infrastructure for Growth in Second Quarter of 2014
- Mark VanderWerf Elected Chairman American Telemedicine Association’s Industry Council
- GlobalMed Announces New Alliance for Transforming Healthcare Delivery In The Middle East Through Telemedicine
- Secure Mobile Communication Market in Healthcare Industry
- The Promise of Integrated Healthcare: Health Information Systems