Amcom Software, Inc. have announced exciting enhancements to the integration between its secure texting and preference-based routing solutions. Amcom Mobile Connect® supports easy, secure, HIPAA-compliant text messaging, while Amcom Care Connect helps caregivers connect quickly based on their own schedules and preferences on how to be reached.
Together, these solutions give physicians and nurses the flexibility to talk or text, incorporating critical escalation features if a caregiver is unavailable. The Amcom Mobile Connect 3.3 release boasts a new chat view screen and updates that make it easier for caregivers to locate and connect with one another. This release also meets requests from hospital customers to strengthen the link between these products. Sometimes hospitals coordinate care best with secure texting. Other times physicians need to speak directly. This solution combination enables both.
The following example illustrates the integration: Doctor One calls Amcom Care Connect to request a consult with Doctor Two. The call goes to Doctor Two’s smartphone via Amcom Mobile Connect as a secure text message, per her established preferences. Doctor Two cannot take the call, so the system escalates the message to the next-available doctor. He immediately speaks with Doctor One to discuss the patient’s situation.
“Healthcare continues to focus on improving patient care while keeping an eye on caregiver efficiency,” said Colin Balmforth, President, Amcom Software. “We are proud to further our development of Amcom Care Connect and Amcom Mobile Connect to meet these healthcare goals.”
Latest from Healthcare Technology Magazine News
- Global Healthcare IT Market Will Grow At A CAGR Of 5.7% to 2018
- BRHC Supports Centralisation Of Specialist Paediatric Services With Three New C-arms
- Procura Group of Companies Leads US Market
- CellTrak™ Achieves Major Milestone in roll-out of Latest Platform
- Introducing First-of-a-Kind PhysIQ Predictive Analytic Technology for Proactive Health Monitoring
- CareCloud Continues to Expand Market Footprint, Product Innovation, and Infrastructure for Growth in Second Quarter of 2014
- Mark VanderWerf Elected Chairman American Telemedicine Association’s Industry Council
- GlobalMed Announces New Alliance for Transforming Healthcare Delivery In The Middle East Through Telemedicine
- Secure Mobile Communication Market in Healthcare Industry
- The Promise of Integrated Healthcare: Health Information Systems