Amcom Software, Inc. today announced Greater Baltimore Medical Center (GBMC) is adding its HIPAA-compliant smartphone texting solution to their existing Amcom healthcare communications system. The 270-bed community hospital joins more than 250 other healthcare organizations in adopting Amcom Mobile Connect® for its providers.
GBMC is adding secure smartphone texting to support its strategic objective to move answering services for 25 affiliated physician practices from a third-party provider to their internal operators. "We saw an opportunity to save money on operating expenses and use talented existing staff to provide an internal, fully functioning 24-hour answering service," said Josh von Rueden, Desktop Manager at GBMC. Amcom is helping this process by facilitating that communication and allowing physicians to securely receive and respond to messages on their mobile devices."
Amcom lets GBMC quickly reach providers on their smartphones, Wi-Fi phones, and other devices. Whether GBMC clinicians are using hospital-issued devices or personal ones, a secure, separate inbox provides ease of message management and offers remote-wipe capabilities in the event the device is lost or stolen. GBMC will also benefit from Amcom Mobile Connect’s integration with its existing Amcom online staff directory and on-call schedules. "On-call schedules are continually changing," von Rueden said. "With Amcom, practice managers can update these schedules online, and changes are automatically available to our staff answering calls for the practices."
In fact, those using the solution can easily look up a particular on-call physician or search by role (e.g., on-call cardiologist) to send a message to the right person at any time. "Over the past year we have experienced tremendous growth in the adoption of Amcom Mobile Connect," said Colin Balmforth, President, Amcom Software. "Hundreds of hospitals are now using Amcom to manage critical communications, enabling caregivers to quickly contact one another while preserving the security of patient information. I am very pleased that our solutions are helping so many caregivers simplify their daily communications."
Latest from Healthcare Technology Magazine News
- Global Healthcare IT Market Will Grow At A CAGR Of 5.7% to 2018
- BRHC Supports Centralisation Of Specialist Paediatric Services With Three New C-arms
- Procura Group of Companies Leads US Market
- CellTrak™ Achieves Major Milestone in roll-out of Latest Platform
- Introducing First-of-a-Kind PhysIQ Predictive Analytic Technology for Proactive Health Monitoring
- CareCloud Continues to Expand Market Footprint, Product Innovation, and Infrastructure for Growth in Second Quarter of 2014
- Mark VanderWerf Elected Chairman American Telemedicine Association’s Industry Council
- GlobalMed Announces New Alliance for Transforming Healthcare Delivery In The Middle East Through Telemedicine
- Secure Mobile Communication Market in Healthcare Industry
- The Promise of Integrated Healthcare: Health Information Systems