Rideout Health, a non-profit community-based healthcare system, and RGP Healthcare™, a division of Resources Global Professionals (NASDAQ: RECN), today jointly announced that Rideout has selected and is implementing Pavisse™, a cutting-edge technology for monitoring and ensuring patient safety.
Rideout operates facilities and services located throughout Yuba, Sutter and Nevada counties. They include acute-care hospitals Rideout Memorial and Fremont Medical Center; the Heart Center at Rideout; the Rideout Cancer Center, affiliated with UC Davis Medical Center; outpatient primary and specialty clinics and a host of ancillary services, including senior living services, home health, hospice and durable medical equipment. Pavisse, developed by RGP Healthcare, is a new comprehensive incident management solution designed to help hospitals manage patient safety, patient privacy and other compliance-related functions across the enterprise.
"We will be one of the first hospitals in the Sacramento region to deploy this software," said Istikram Qaderi, M.D., Senior Vice President and Chief Quality Officer at Rideout. "We'll first deploy Pavisse at Rideout Memorial and once the system is running smoothly, we'll look to using it at other locations in our organization to help us continually monitor and improve the safety and quality of our patient care, which is always our number one priority."
Dr. Qaderi is responsible for planning and directing Rideout's programs for quality, patient safety and satisfaction, including infection prevention and control; analytics and performance excellence; risk management; care coordination/case management; and compliance with TJC and CMS standards and conditions of participation as well as state and federal regulations. Dr. Qaderi, a former surgeon, shifted his career focus in recent years to helping healthcare organizations work with doctors and other staff to align clinical care and patient-centered services in programs for performance improvement. He has spoken and published extensively on topics such as quality, physician and staff engagement, safety, patient satisfaction, performance excellence and culture change.
Dr. Qaderi views RGP Healthcare President Radgia Cook as an "innovator" in patient safety and incident management and further described the Pavisse product as transformational.
"Pavisse is just one of several state-of-the-art tools we will use to deliver on this mission," Dr. Qaderi said. "It is comprehensive, intuitive, easy to deploy and customizable to each facility's needs. And RGP consultants are available to help us reap maximum benefit." Said Cook, "Rideout Health is just the type of forward-thinking partner we sought. We are excited about partnering with Rideout Health as they continue to serve as a national model for the delivery of quality healthcare."
Latest from Healthcare Technology Magazine News
- Global Healthcare IT Market Will Grow At A CAGR Of 5.7% to 2018
- BRHC Supports Centralisation Of Specialist Paediatric Services With Three New C-arms
- Procura Group of Companies Leads US Market
- CellTrak™ Achieves Major Milestone in roll-out of Latest Platform
- Introducing First-of-a-Kind PhysIQ Predictive Analytic Technology for Proactive Health Monitoring
- CareCloud Continues to Expand Market Footprint, Product Innovation, and Infrastructure for Growth in Second Quarter of 2014
- Mark VanderWerf Elected Chairman American Telemedicine Association’s Industry Council
- GlobalMed Announces New Alliance for Transforming Healthcare Delivery In The Middle East Through Telemedicine
- Secure Mobile Communication Market in Healthcare Industry
- The Promise of Integrated Healthcare: Health Information Systems