Interim HealthCare of Texas and New Mexico, based in Lubbock, has released a new app that allows users to uniquely access health information, right in the palm of their hand. The app, called “Interim TX NM,” features four self-help tools in one console: symptom evaluation, disease management, symptom exploration and a medical library. These functions allow users to do everything from look up the meaning of symptoms to access information vital to effectively managing chronic diseases, such as diabetes.
Jim Bullard, President of Interim HealthCare of Texas and New Mexico, said his entire team is excited to provide this technology to the public. “Our new app, thanks to our partnership with DSHI Systems, is like having a doctor in your pocket,” Bullard said. “We believe it will hugely impact the public since it is an easy way to find health resources, all in one place.”
One main feature of the app is the “Symptom Triage” tool created by emergency room doctors, which gives possible diagnoses based on the information selected by the user: this is the same technology that hospitals have been using for the past ten years. Interim TX NM asks questions, shows pictures, and can determine if and when the user needs to see a doctor. Interim HealthCare is currently the only agency of its kind to feature this technology.
Dr. Stephen J. Schueler, an emergency room physician and President of DSHI Systems, said his company is encouraged to see Interim HealthCare taking an interest in public access to mobile health. “A rapidly expanding number of Americans are finding themselves as caregivers,” he said. “It’s inspiring to see a major home health care provider step forward and provide people with the tools to make better health decisions.”
Latest from Healthcare Technology Magazine News
- Global Healthcare IT Market Will Grow At A CAGR Of 5.7% to 2018
- BRHC Supports Centralisation Of Specialist Paediatric Services With Three New C-arms
- Procura Group of Companies Leads US Market
- CellTrak™ Achieves Major Milestone in roll-out of Latest Platform
- Introducing First-of-a-Kind PhysIQ Predictive Analytic Technology for Proactive Health Monitoring
- CareCloud Continues to Expand Market Footprint, Product Innovation, and Infrastructure for Growth in Second Quarter of 2014
- Mark VanderWerf Elected Chairman American Telemedicine Association’s Industry Council
- GlobalMed Announces New Alliance for Transforming Healthcare Delivery In The Middle East Through Telemedicine
- Secure Mobile Communication Market in Healthcare Industry
- The Promise of Integrated Healthcare: Health Information Systems