Home Health and Hospice care leader uses CellTrak VisitManager™ technology across entire organization to better patient immediate needs.
Ambercare is unique. Founded by Michael and Mary Merrell over 15 years ago, Ambercare is now employee-owned, so every patient is cared for by an owner. That is only one reason why the “Ambercare Standard of Care” is far superior to other home care providers. Because we embrace a holistic model of care delivery, patients can count on fully coordinated services with a single call. Their “bridge” model is designed to provide maximum flexibility to accommodate the shifting needs our patients may incur.
Ambercare elevates home health care standards. Their caregivers don’t merely do their job; they fulfill a personal mission, treating each patient and family member as their own. You rarely hear someone who is sick, plead to stay in the hospital. Regardless of condition, anyone would rather be home, in their own bed, in their own surroundings, and with the company of family and friends. But return to home requires careful attention and exacting care in order to ensure excellent patient recovery which is where Ambercare excels.
Ambercare has been using Suncoast Solutions as their electronic health record (EHR) for several years. CellTrak has offered a seamless integration with Suncoast enabling Ambercare to simplify and lower mileage reimbursement, obtain better staff accountability and ensure safety of staff. CellTrak was originally implemented for their home health aides but has now successfully rolled out to their field coordinators and also clinical liaisons. For the mobile field staff, CellTrak was able to offer them a very important option; choice. Ambercare decided to implement Blackberry and iPhone for their point of care devices.
Michael Merrell, COO at Ambercare commented, “When choosing CellTrak we were very happy to be offered a choice when selecting a cost effective device. As we have different departments on different devices we were able to select multiple devices according to the department using them” Mr. Merrel added, “We are successfully running visits, utilizing our staffs time better all while documenting at the point of care. We have embraced this technology to better utilize resources and serve our patients to accommodate their ever-changing needs. ”
At Ambercare, they stress comfort and quality of life at every stage of one’s time with us. When life is limited to days, weeks or months, rather than years, it takes a special person to know how to best help a patient as well as family and friends make that time as comfortable and meaningful as possible. Ambercare Hospice caregivers are highly skilled and expertly trained in dealing with the challenges that end-of-life presents. They whole-heartedly provide their patients and their loved ones with empathy, support and compassion every step of the way.
Michael K. Wons, President and CEO of CellTrak Technologies added, “Ambercare has been a pleasure to work with. They have truly embraced all aspects of our technology and have utilized this among multiple disciplines across their organization.” Wons added “This technology adaptation sets them apart and derives from their values of experiencing the Ambercare Standard of Care. We look forward to future expansions together in our partnership” In addition to the integrated visit verification features of the solution, the GPS features available as part of CellTrak takes the guess work out of calculating mileage. GPS tracks the mileage to and from each patient’s home and immediately stores it in the system. It also gives staff members the ability to get directions from wherever they are to a patient’s home.
Ambercare provides a full range of care and services including: home health care, hospice, personal care services, physical, occupational and respiratory therapy, and medical equipment & supplies to best meet the needs of patients and their families. Currently Ambercare serves many communities in New Mexico from Las Cruces to Las Vegas. Because nobody deserves less than Ambercare, when the need arises we will offer our services to additional communities, but only at a place that will never compromise our highest standards of care and service. For more information, visit www.ambercare.com
About CellTrak Technologies
CellTrak Technologies, Inc. is the leading provider of integrated mobile solutions for the home healthcare, hospice, and private duty markets. Our patented software-as-a-service solutions run on GPS-enabled mobile devices via a homecare technology platform which automates workflow and reduces cost. Data is transmitted wirelessly via our secure cloud based services making the data available real time where instantaneous integration is provided to the back-end clinical systems and the payer networks. Healthcare Workers across the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom deliver millions of successful visits every month via CellTrak. For more information please visit: www.celltrak.com
- Emanate Wireless Launches PowerPath Temp, Revolutionizes Healthcare Refrigeration Monitoring
- UPMC Partners with Vivify Health for Mobile Population Health and Chronic Care Management
- TriZetto’s New QNXT Configuration Solution Enables Healthcare Payers To Rapidly Change, Launch Products For Success In Post-Reform Market
- Cognizant to Acquire TriZetto - Creating A Fully-Integrated Healthcare Technology And Operations Leader
- BayCare Health System Recognized for Achievement in Electronic Medical Record Adoption by Leading Global Organization
- Nucleus Independent Living Enables Rapid Response to Care with CellTrak™
- Agfa HealthCare Selects OnX as Canadian Managed Services Provider
- Tips to Health IT Professionals for Gaining Competitive Edge in the Job Market
- Procura Attains Mobile Milestone Topping 3 Million Mobile Healthcare Visits
- CellTrakCARES Feeds the Hungry and Helps Fill Food Banks this Holiday Season
Latest from Healthcare Technology Magazine News
- Global Healthcare IT Market Will Grow At A CAGR Of 5.7% to 2018
- BRHC Supports Centralisation Of Specialist Paediatric Services With Three New C-arms
- Procura Group of Companies Leads US Market
- CellTrak™ Achieves Major Milestone in roll-out of Latest Platform
- Introducing First-of-a-Kind PhysIQ Predictive Analytic Technology for Proactive Health Monitoring
- CareCloud Continues to Expand Market Footprint, Product Innovation, and Infrastructure for Growth in Second Quarter of 2014
- Mark VanderWerf Elected Chairman American Telemedicine Association’s Industry Council
- GlobalMed Announces New Alliance for Transforming Healthcare Delivery In The Middle East Through Telemedicine
- Secure Mobile Communication Market in Healthcare Industry
- The Promise of Integrated Healthcare: Health Information Systems