Qualcomm Inc. have announced that its wholly-owned subsidiary, Qualcomm Life, is launching 2net™ Mobile, a 2net Platform gateway offering. 2net Mobile is one of the first solutions to enable seamless aggregation of clinical data from multiple medical device sensors into one unified stream on a variety of mobile phones and tablets, and transmission of that data in a system designed to meet HIPAA security requirements. Along with this launch, the 2net Mobile Software Development Kit (SDK) has been made available to developers who intend to commercialize 2net managed services through their applications.
2net Mobile is a software module designed to enable Android smartphones, tablets and other data-capable devices to take on the gateway functionality of the 2net Hub. The 2net Hub, which launched in December 2011, delivers short-range radio flexibility, security, interoperability and seamless data transfer, while serving as the information highway for machine-to-machine connectivity for wireless medical devices into and out of the home. 2net Mobile will allow this connectivity to extend beyond the home so that users can securely monitor and transmit their readings while on-the-go.
“Our objective with the launch of 2net Mobile is to further support our customers’ business strategies in remote patient monitoring, while enhancing the ability to innovate on the 2net Platform,” said Rick Valencia, vice president and general manager, Qualcomm Life.
2net Mobile is a white-label solution that is offered by Qualcomm Life’s enterprise customers directly to their own end users. Enterprise customers include healthcare service providers, health device manufacturers and accountable care organizations (ACOs). The 2net Mobile software module is made up of two different applications. One is the 2net Mobile Core that communicates with biometric sensors, acting as a library, and interfaces with the 2net Mobile Application, which has a user interface. The two apps are separate, enabling eligible customers to build their own application around the 2net Mobile Core, adding their own features and functionalities.
The 2net Mobile Core is FDA listed as MDDS (Medical Device and Data Systems) Class 1, Class I MDD and CE Registered in Europe, and Class I in Canada.
Along with this launch, the 2net Mobile SDK has been made available to developers. The SDK enables developers of mobile applications on the Android platform to build applications using the tools provided by the SDK and offer seamless connectivity to an open ecosystem of biometric sensors supported by 2net Mobile, through their applications.
Latest from Healthcare Technology Magazine News
- Global Healthcare IT Market Will Grow At A CAGR Of 5.7% to 2018
- BRHC Supports Centralisation Of Specialist Paediatric Services With Three New C-arms
- Procura Group of Companies Leads US Market
- CellTrak™ Achieves Major Milestone in roll-out of Latest Platform
- Introducing First-of-a-Kind PhysIQ Predictive Analytic Technology for Proactive Health Monitoring
- CareCloud Continues to Expand Market Footprint, Product Innovation, and Infrastructure for Growth in Second Quarter of 2014
- Mark VanderWerf Elected Chairman American Telemedicine Association’s Industry Council
- GlobalMed Announces New Alliance for Transforming Healthcare Delivery In The Middle East Through Telemedicine
- Secure Mobile Communication Market in Healthcare Industry
- The Promise of Integrated Healthcare: Health Information Systems