The recent explosion in mobile communications has been driven by increased uptake of devices such as the smartphone and tablet.
Synonymous with these devices are app stores which offer a huge array of downloadable programs and services, many of which apply to the healthcare field. As 4G and LTE promise to transform bandwidth , we expect the usage of mobile devices to expand to encompass many fields, especially that of healthcare. Visiongain has determined that the value of the global mHealth market in 2013 will reach $2bn.
The potential benefits of mHealth solutions include improving healthcare system processes, collecting and retrieving crucial medical data and patients being able to manage chronic conditions better. Mobile communications can also transform how subscribers who live in remote or rural areas access health advice and how patients in these areas communicate with their healthcare practitioners. Dedicated devices that perform medical functions can utilise mobile technologies such as the cloud allowing data to be uploaded and downloaded instantly. The mHealth ecosystem includes mobile operators who are set to reap revenues from increased data consumption. Healthcare practitioners will find workloads decreased and greater efficiency in treatments.
Software and app developers will gain wide revenue streams from the creation of popular apps or solutions either through consumer purchase or subsidised purchase by health insurance companies. Governmental bodies and pharmaceutical companies can also increase savings and revenues from mHealth. The report covers leading companies in the mHealth space and provides information on global revenues, regional revenues, service types and end user perspectives. There are two exclusive interviews from leading members of the mHealth ecosystem provide insider information and analysis reinforcing visiongain forecasts.
- Redox Extends Capabilities of Salesforce Health Cloud with Patient Data from Electronic Medical Records
- Emanate Wireless Launches PowerPath Temp, Revolutionizes Healthcare Refrigeration Monitoring
- Mission Health Selects PeraHealth To Enhance Clinical Surveillance, Patient Safety
- UPMC Partners with Vivify Health for Mobile Population Health and Chronic Care Management
- Philips And Allianz Worldwide Partners Launch Connected Health Solution And Services In Germany
- Philips Enters New Agreement On Patient Monitoring Systems And Software With The Stockholm County Council
- Four Leading U.S. Health Systems Sign On To Improve ICU Care With Philips Enterprise Telehealth Programs
- National Decision Support Company Launches CareSelect
- TriZetto’s New QNXT Configuration Solution Enables Healthcare Payers To Rapidly Change, Launch Products For Success In Post-Reform Market
- Cognizant to Acquire TriZetto - Creating A Fully-Integrated Healthcare Technology And Operations Leader
Latest from Healthcare Technology Magazine News
- Global Healthcare IT Market Will Grow At A CAGR Of 5.7% to 2018
- BRHC Supports Centralisation Of Specialist Paediatric Services With Three New C-arms
- Procura Group of Companies Leads US Market
- CellTrak™ Achieves Major Milestone in roll-out of Latest Platform
- Introducing First-of-a-Kind PhysIQ Predictive Analytic Technology for Proactive Health Monitoring
- CareCloud Continues to Expand Market Footprint, Product Innovation, and Infrastructure for Growth in Second Quarter of 2014
- Mark VanderWerf Elected Chairman American Telemedicine Association’s Industry Council
- GlobalMed Announces New Alliance for Transforming Healthcare Delivery In The Middle East Through Telemedicine
- Secure Mobile Communication Market in Healthcare Industry
- The Promise of Integrated Healthcare: Health Information Systems