Hospice by the Bay Completes Implementation of CellTrak TimeManager™ for Nursing Staff.
Hospice by the Bay focuses on dignity, comfort and quality of life. As the second oldest hospice in the United States, they have the knowledge and expertise to guide and support you. With a specially trained team they offer personalized care wherever someone may call home. Focused on helping patients and families prepare and cope physically, emotionally and spiritually. Hospice by the Bay also provides additional services to the community, including grief counseling and training in end-of-life care. The overall goal of hospice care during a terminal illness is compassionate care and comfort rather than a cure. Managing this crucial point in a person’s life relies heavily on creating a seamless communication, a seamless delivery of service, and a seamless engagement and comfort of the patient.
To easily meet those goals and manage patient care, it was essential to utilize a simple to use and simple to deploy mobile healthcare technology. With a dedicated focus to maximize information exchange among different care providers enabled with successful collaboration and outcomes, CellTrak offered Hospice by The Bay a mobile technology solution product family. Hospice by the Bay first implemented VisitManager for their aides to capture data and the point of care and interface back into the electronic medical record (EMR) provider, Suncoast Solutions. The CellTrak VisitManager seamlessly interfaces to the system and allowed for aides to access schedules and care plans. Recently, they found another need for their nurses to have better accountability and safety, eliminate paper work, and reduce mileage reimbursement all while using a cost effective solution. For the need they had, laptops were a costly expense. Hospice by the Bay chose TimeManager, a CellTrak solution for time and attendance.
Alex Liang, Network Systems Administrator at Hospice by the Bay, commented, “CellTrak provided a perfect solution for our HHA’s and it has been very easy to work for the past few years. We have seen many improved outcomes with the use of VisitManager with access to care plans and scheduling. When we needed a solution for our nurses we turned to CellTrak for a cost-effective mobile solution. Mileage is now reported accurately and with minimal effort by the field staff so that they can concentrate on patient care and not calculate how far they have driven for each visit.”
Liang added, “The best thing was that we could use a trusted solution for multiple disciplines. Since CellTrak offered multiple solutions we were able choose a solution based on need and by discipline. There are not any other options like this in the market to fit our needs”
Denis Viscek, CFO added, “We are very happy with our implementation and execution in the field with TimeManager for our nurses in addition to our aides using VisitManager. The technology solution is helping improve operational processes and assisting in improving patient outcomes by allowing the nurses to focus on patient care while the application is working for them in real-time on their mobile device.”
At Hospice by the Bay, they are dedicated to helping meet goals about what’s important to your well-being during this time. They talk honestly with you and your family so they can guide you. Your personal physician is their partner in the management of your care to ensure the highest quality of life possible. Patients and their families frequently tell Hospice by The Bay they wish they had called earlier, so they could have benefited that much longer from their personalized care. Patients do get the most benefit from hospice support when care begins earlier in their illness.
Michael K. Wons, President and CEO of CellTrak Technologies added, “It has been a pleasure working with the team at Hospice of the Bay. We are incredibly pleased to help with improving their electronic documentation and bettering staff accountability. The solution has been designed to be cost effective and to meet the needs of the different disciplines that help deliver home and personal care services."
In addition to the GPS features that keep workers safe, integrated visit verification and automated mileage tracking and expense calculations streamline administrative workflow saving time and increasing accuracy of results. Real-time access to data collection and documentation allow for better patient outcomes all from an easy to use solution running on a mobile device. The CellTrak Portal provides supervisors and managers with a real-time view of the organization; enabling data-driven quality measures, visit compliance and staff performance management.
About Hospice by the Bay: Hospice by the Bay is a non-profit, 501(c)(3), caring for patients, families and the community in Marin, San Francisco, San Mateo and Sonoma counties. Licensed by the State of California, Hospice by the Bay is certified by Medicare and Medi-Cal. Both Hospice by the Bay® and Hospice of Marin® are registered trademarks of Hospice by the Bay.
For more information please visit: www.hospicebythebay.org
About CellTrak Technologies: CellTrak Technologies, Inc. is the leading provider of integrated mobile solutions for the home healthcare, hospice, and private duty markets. Our patented software-as-a-service solutions run on GPS-enabled mobile devices via a homecare technology platform which automates workflow and reduces cost. Data is transmitted wirelessly via our secure cloud based services making the data available real time where instantaneous integration is provided to the back-end clinical systems and the payer networks. Healthcare Workers across the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom deliver millions of successful visits every month via CellTrak. For more information please visit: www.celltrak.com
- Redox Extends Capabilities of Salesforce Health Cloud with Patient Data from Electronic Medical Records
- Emanate Wireless Launches PowerPath Temp, Revolutionizes Healthcare Refrigeration Monitoring
- Mission Health Selects PeraHealth To Enhance Clinical Surveillance, Patient Safety
- UPMC Partners with Vivify Health for Mobile Population Health and Chronic Care Management
- Philips Enters New Agreement On Patient Monitoring Systems And Software With The Stockholm County Council
- Four Leading U.S. Health Systems Sign On To Improve ICU Care With Philips Enterprise Telehealth Programs
- National Decision Support Company Launches CareSelect
- Siemens Healthcare Limited Expands Consolidation With New Assays
- TriZetto’s New QNXT Configuration Solution Enables Healthcare Payers To Rapidly Change, Launch Products For Success In Post-Reform Market
- Cognizant to Acquire TriZetto - Creating A Fully-Integrated Healthcare Technology And Operations Leader
Latest from Healthcare Technology Magazine News
- Global Healthcare IT Market Will Grow At A CAGR Of 5.7% to 2018
- BRHC Supports Centralisation Of Specialist Paediatric Services With Three New C-arms
- Procura Group of Companies Leads US Market
- CellTrak™ Achieves Major Milestone in roll-out of Latest Platform
- Introducing First-of-a-Kind PhysIQ Predictive Analytic Technology for Proactive Health Monitoring
- CareCloud Continues to Expand Market Footprint, Product Innovation, and Infrastructure for Growth in Second Quarter of 2014
- Mark VanderWerf Elected Chairman American Telemedicine Association’s Industry Council
- GlobalMed Announces New Alliance for Transforming Healthcare Delivery In The Middle East Through Telemedicine
- Secure Mobile Communication Market in Healthcare Industry
- The Promise of Integrated Healthcare: Health Information Systems