UK Leader Ensured of Highest Level of Personal Health Information.
London based Ark Homecare offers a continuum of homecare and healthcare services from basic care support in the home to specialized nursing. The peace of mind of their customers and their loved ones is Ark’s highest priority and achieving their mission within a constrained resource environment requires intelligent deployment of technology. Operationally Ark’s goal as a homecare provider is to provide better outcomes more cost effectively for their clients. Achieving these objectives requires improved operational efficiencies without substantial capital investments.
After evaluating market options, Ark selected CellTrak Technologies and Coldharbour systems as their solution partner for their integrated mobile solution at the point of care. By implementing an easy to use clinical assessment on a mobile device, CellTrak transformed how their field staff delivers care and improved compliance to the councils concerned about appropriate payment. Ark recently began using the CellTrak mobile care platform on new Samsung Note 3 devices which transformed their point of care assessment process while allowing for more time for care. Staff can utilize mobile to document care, capture signatures, dictations and photos at the point of care.
Through the CellTrak quality and risk management portal real-time alerts are triggered through the assessment to assess care and direct workflow across the entire organization. “We are able to start initial and follow up assessments at the point of care. We are also printing completed and easy to read assessments for the clients to leave at their home.
Signature capture features are being used to sign electronically and streamline the completed visit process.” Tracey Rodaway, Finance and IT Lead for Ark Healthcare To maintain and support their mission Ark chose CellTrak to automate their full clinical assessment process. Once a multi paper based assessment process is now accessed in one easy to use app on the mobile device.
The paper form is now a fully automated interactive tool, accessible anytime. Leveraging technology facilitates auto population, prompting and providing guidance in completing assessments, allowing for more person to person time with the client. The full clinical assessment includes client data, environment and risks associated with a client. Assessments are broken into 23 sections, for example, but not limited to medication risk, personal and contact details, and environment.
Ark is currently using Coldharbour to obtain the episode of care needed for each client. When they needed an easy way to capture data at the point of care and feed into their Coldharbour system, they felt mobile would be the best. CellTrak was able to deploy their HealthLink Integration Manager interface to create a real-time bridge into the Coldharbour system to the home of where care is provided. HealthLink provides the glue that connects multiple information sources, point of care devices and health information exchange partners.
“The interface development between CellTrak and the Coldharbour application is unique. This was a cornerstone requirement from the outset to allow our corporate clients a seamless interface from both applications capable of handling and verifying the volumes of data our largest clients generate. The culmination of the systems provides a genuine best of breed solution that has proven to be highly scalable and feature rich in the provision of mobile point of care solutions, “shared Mike Moreton, Sales Director for Coldharbour Systems.
Ms. Rodaway, added “The integration between CellTrak and Coldharbour allows for our schedules to be updated in real-time on staffs mobile devices. This feature allowed staff more time for visits and providing even more care for the clients. This feature allowed for an immediate response and coordination of staff to locations. We were excited and ready to get CellTrak and Coldharbour working together for a complete visit record.”
Assessors at Ark start the care delivery process by evaluating each client and creating the client specific plan of care. A carer is then dispatched to follow the care plan for the client in need. CellTrak quality and risk management portal supports assessors in ensuring safe quality of care as well as supporting staff in the client’s home. Portals identify variance to care allowing for early intervention to decrease acute care visits and exposure to preventable readmissions.
Receiving actionable data from the home in real-time is key to reducing emergency room visits and avoidable hospital readmissions for high-risk population of seniors and individuals with acute and chronic illness. Compliance can be easily demonstrated to their councils to show care services were delivered at a specific time, in that home, for that client. CellTrak facilitates positive and improved outcomes from operations, carers and most importantly, their clients.
- Redox Extends Capabilities of Salesforce Health Cloud with Patient Data from Electronic Medical Records
- Emanate Wireless Launches PowerPath Temp, Revolutionizes Healthcare Refrigeration Monitoring
- Mission Health Selects PeraHealth To Enhance Clinical Surveillance, Patient Safety
- UPMC Partners with Vivify Health for Mobile Population Health and Chronic Care Management
- Philips Enters New Agreement On Patient Monitoring Systems And Software With The Stockholm County Council
- Four Leading U.S. Health Systems Sign On To Improve ICU Care With Philips Enterprise Telehealth Programs
- National Decision Support Company Launches CareSelect
- TriZetto’s New QNXT Configuration Solution Enables Healthcare Payers To Rapidly Change, Launch Products For Success In Post-Reform Market
- Cognizant to Acquire TriZetto - Creating A Fully-Integrated Healthcare Technology And Operations Leader
- BayCare Health System Recognized for Achievement in Electronic Medical Record Adoption by Leading Global Organization
Latest from Healthcare Technology Magazine News
- Global Healthcare IT Market Will Grow At A CAGR Of 5.7% to 2018
- BRHC Supports Centralisation Of Specialist Paediatric Services With Three New C-arms
- Procura Group of Companies Leads US Market
- CellTrak™ Achieves Major Milestone in roll-out of Latest Platform
- Introducing First-of-a-Kind PhysIQ Predictive Analytic Technology for Proactive Health Monitoring
- CareCloud Continues to Expand Market Footprint, Product Innovation, and Infrastructure for Growth in Second Quarter of 2014
- Mark VanderWerf Elected Chairman American Telemedicine Association’s Industry Council
- GlobalMed Announces New Alliance for Transforming Healthcare Delivery In The Middle East Through Telemedicine
- Secure Mobile Communication Market in Healthcare Industry
- The Promise of Integrated Healthcare: Health Information Systems