de Souza Institute, an innovative centre of cancer care learning, has made learning more accessible by launching its cancer prevention app. Designed for nurses and other health care professionals, this free of charge app is now available for Android device users and as a mobile website.
“Health care never stops. Nor do we.” Said Dr. Mary Jane Esplen, Director of de Souza Institute. “We are committed to making learning more accessible, so that patients are getting the best possible care.”
According to the World Health Organization, at least one-third of all cancers are preventable. As a cancer care continuing education centre, de Souza Institute believes that it is a priority to arm nurses and other health care professionals with the latest skills and information on cancer prevention. The goal of the app is to enhance your knowledge of health promotion and disease prevention when working with patients.
Users will gain a greater appreciation and understanding of population health, the social determinants of health, and primary care. de Souza Institute was created in 2008 to support nurses that care for cancer patients and their families. Since then, the de Souza Institute, in partnership with Cancer Care Ontario and the University Health Network, has provided ongoing educational support and career counselling to thousands of nurses across Ontario.
To download this app, visit www.desouzainstitute.com/free-apps.
Latest from Healthcare Technology Magazine News
- Global Healthcare IT Market Will Grow At A CAGR Of 5.7% to 2018
- BRHC Supports Centralisation Of Specialist Paediatric Services With Three New C-arms
- Procura Group of Companies Leads US Market
- CellTrak™ Achieves Major Milestone in roll-out of Latest Platform
- Introducing First-of-a-Kind PhysIQ Predictive Analytic Technology for Proactive Health Monitoring
- CareCloud Continues to Expand Market Footprint, Product Innovation, and Infrastructure for Growth in Second Quarter of 2014
- Mark VanderWerf Elected Chairman American Telemedicine Association’s Industry Council
- GlobalMed Announces New Alliance for Transforming Healthcare Delivery In The Middle East Through Telemedicine
- Secure Mobile Communication Market in Healthcare Industry
- The Promise of Integrated Healthcare: Health Information Systems