Wolters Kluwer Health today announced availability of a Lippincott Advisor App for institutional customers who use Lippincott Advisor, one of the leading online clinical decision-support software solutions used at the point-of-care.
The new mobile application allows hospitals and other healthcare institutions to give their nurses, clinicians and staff full access to Lippincott Advisor from any mobile device including both Android and Apple smartphones and tablets. Institutional users of Lippincott Advisor now have fast, mobile access to vital evidence-based clinical information both online and offline, which is critical in situations when the Internet is unavailable.
The app includes information on Diseases and Conditions, Signs and Symptoms, Diagnostic Tests, Treatments, Hospital-acquired Conditions, Core Measures, Care Plans, and Drug information plus access to all of the customized content developed by users' own institutions.
The Lippincott Advisor App provides the same user-friendly features found in the online PC-based product including fast, intuitive search, bulleted text, helpful tables, icons for frequently used features and full-color art. It is available as a free download and can be unlocked with a clinician's existing institutional login information. Users also receive all of the quarterly online content updates that equip Lippincott Advisor with the most up-to-date clinical information available.
"Advances in technology are continuing to deliver vital clinical information faster and closer to the patient, in other words, where clinicians need it most," said Judith McCann, MSN, RN, Chief Nurse, Wolters Kluwer Health, Professional & Education. "Lippincott Advisor has always been a point-of-care solution. With this app, it becomes a true bedside companion that travels with clinicians wherever they go and is right there to assist whenever needed."
Lippincott Advisor includes more than 10,000 collective entries of critical, evidence-based information spanning diseases, treatments, diagnostic tests, drugs, signs & symptoms, nursing care plans, core measures, hospital-acquired conditions, national guidelines and patient education. Using a proprietary synoptic search, the product delivers the appropriate entry within seconds of a clinician's inquiry.
Now available on all devices, Lippincott Advisor, part of the Lippincott Nursing Solutions suite, is sold as a group subscription to hospitals and other healthcare facilities. The Lippincott Advisor Institutional App is available immediately at no extra cost to current Lippincott Advisor institutional subscribers.
The app can be downloaded from iTunes for Apple iPhone and iPad devices and from Google Play for Android devices. Users simply use their existing facility usernames and passwords to open the content from the app. An abridged version of the app also is available in both stores for individual purchase for $29.95.
Latest from Healthcare Technology Magazine News
- Global Healthcare IT Market Will Grow At A CAGR Of 5.7% to 2018
- BRHC Supports Centralisation Of Specialist Paediatric Services With Three New C-arms
- Procura Group of Companies Leads US Market
- CellTrak™ Achieves Major Milestone in roll-out of Latest Platform
- Introducing First-of-a-Kind PhysIQ Predictive Analytic Technology for Proactive Health Monitoring
- CareCloud Continues to Expand Market Footprint, Product Innovation, and Infrastructure for Growth in Second Quarter of 2014
- Mark VanderWerf Elected Chairman American Telemedicine Association’s Industry Council
- GlobalMed Announces New Alliance for Transforming Healthcare Delivery In The Middle East Through Telemedicine
- Secure Mobile Communication Market in Healthcare Industry
- The Promise of Integrated Healthcare: Health Information Systems