Estenda Solutions, Inc. partnered with Connected Medical Technologies (CMT) to develop a home medication management program called MissNoMeds™, which uses a pill dispensing device and a web-based communication and compliance dashboard to help people better manage their medication intake, avoiding the medication noncompliance errors that affect the quality of life and prognosis of millions of patients every year.
CMT's research shows that 90% of people make errors in taking medications, which accounts for 125,000 premature deaths in the US, 156 million doctor's visits, and 10% of all hospital admissions (30% of elderly). The MissNoMeds medication compliance program was designed to combat these issues by providing users with automatic pill dispensing at home with email, text message, and voice call reminders, web accessible compliance reporting, pharmacy filling services, and web-based reporting tools for patients, pharmacies, and healthcare professionals. The new wireless automatic pill dispenser has a built-in cellular chip, making it easy for users to transport and use wherever they need to.
The device dispenses medication in the correct amount, at the correct time, reminding users with audible and visual alarms. To ensure compliance, if the user misses their medication, the device will send messages via email, text, or phone to both the user and anyone else that they choose, involving everyone in their circle of care. The web-based communication and compliance dashboard, developed by Estenda, records all medication and noncompliance events automatically.
Users, and anyone they give explicit permission to, can view the record history, which presents information in graphic and tabular forms, looking at 30, 60, and 90 day trends. These features make it possible for patients to evaluate their own compliance and determine whether they need to consult with their physicians to make changes to their medications and/or schedules.
Latest from Healthcare Technology Magazine News
- Global Healthcare IT Market Will Grow At A CAGR Of 5.7% to 2018
- BRHC Supports Centralisation Of Specialist Paediatric Services With Three New C-arms
- Procura Group of Companies Leads US Market
- CellTrak™ Achieves Major Milestone in roll-out of Latest Platform
- Introducing First-of-a-Kind PhysIQ Predictive Analytic Technology for Proactive Health Monitoring
- CareCloud Continues to Expand Market Footprint, Product Innovation, and Infrastructure for Growth in Second Quarter of 2014
- Mark VanderWerf Elected Chairman American Telemedicine Association’s Industry Council
- GlobalMed Announces New Alliance for Transforming Healthcare Delivery In The Middle East Through Telemedicine
- Secure Mobile Communication Market in Healthcare Industry
- The Promise of Integrated Healthcare: Health Information Systems