Procura announced today that an existing capability of its popular smartphone application has been adapted to utilize its Shift-based Group Scheduling system to support supplemental staffing. Referred to in the health community as "Clusters" or "Building Designates", for the past thirty years home care providers have provided a more efficient way of delivering personal support services by reducing travel time and booking staff to one cluster for a defined shift.
The Procura Mobile solution permits employees to 'dovetail' services to multiple clients in a facility or any environment that has a large population of clients receiving care. The solution includes an access-driven function that keeps the shift open while permitting the employee to verify and document against the client services as they are delivered.
"Procura has been at the forefront of helping healthcare providers effectively manage services for over 15 years via our mobile application, our telephony-based IVR system and traditional paper-based methods which are rapidly being replaced by mobility," stated Scott Overhill, CEO of the Procura Group of Companies. "What we have done is operationalize the solution so that both the office and the field staff are 'in sync', providing a more efficient and effective scheduling and time and attendance capability."
The best part is that the supplemental staffing and the cluster care coordination model has been supported with no additional programming effort by Procura's development team. This is an excellent example of Procura's overarching design philosophy, which is to build a robust solution that anticipates a number of modes of operation that recognizes the complexity of operations where providers and their funding sources find compelling value in the drive towards efficiencies and automation.
Latest from Healthcare Technology Magazine
- Philips Debuts New Cloud-Based Clinical Analytics Dashboard To Enhance Patient Care And Staff Efficiency In Critical Care
- Mayo Clinic Reports Strong Performance in 2015
- Redox Extends Capabilities of Salesforce Health Cloud with Patient Data from Electronic Medical Records
- Divurgent Appoints Bert Reese Vice President, Portfolio Management and Innovation
- Sharp To Showcase Solutions At Healthcare Information And Management Systems Society Annual Conference
- Emanate Wireless Launches PowerPath Temp, Revolutionizes Healthcare Refrigeration Monitoring
- Mission Health Selects PeraHealth To Enhance Clinical Surveillance, Patient Safety
- UPMC Partners with Vivify Health for Mobile Population Health and Chronic Care Management
- Philips And Allianz Worldwide Partners Launch Connected Health Solution And Services In Germany
- Philips Enters New Agreement On Patient Monitoring Systems And Software With The Stockholm County Council