Hospice of the Red River Valley, an independent, nonprofit hospice organization serving 29 counties across North Dakota and Minnesota, provides care to more than 250 patients each day. Based in Fargo, N.D., Hospice of the Red River Valley has successfully implemented the CellTrak mobile point-of-care application to improve the ability of its Certified Nursing Assistants (CNAs) to deliver more focused and dedicated care. Hospice of the Red River Valley has been using Suncoast Solutions clinical and scheduling applications since December of 2010.
They were interested in further automation and reduction of the paperwork required to document Certified Nursing Assistant visits. The new electronic visit verification technologies from CellTrak were selected to be implemented. Hospice of the Red River Valley selected the Galaxy Tablet from Samsung running on the Verizon network. The tablets were chosen over the cellular phones due to the size of the screen and ease of use for the staff.
Deb Wagner RN CHPN, Clinical Informatics at Hospice of the Red River Valley shared, “The integration of the schedules, patient data and staff between Suncoast Solutions and CellTrak gives our CNAs access up-to-date information and therefore allows them to better care for their patients.” Deb added, “CellTrak on the Tablet Computers provides accurate and timely documentation, which eliminates the need for hours of data entry each week.” The Galaxy Tablet from Samsung is running Google’s Android operating system, which provides for maximum flexibility for an agency to run CellTrak as well as other mobile applications. The 7” screen provides more visible workspace for staff and the device is lightweight and can be held in one hand.
The instant on features and the integrated GPS capabilities are perfect to help support health care workers use. The GPS features available as part of the CellTrak solution offering takes the guess work out of calculating mileage. GPS tracks the mileage to and from each patient’s home and immediately stores it in the system. It also gives staff members the ability to get directions from wherever they are to a patient’s home.
Michael K. Wons, president and CEO of CellTrak Technologies added, “We are very excited to have the opportunity to help enable the team at Hospice of the Red River Valley. CellTrak provides a mobile application platform for home and community care and supports all major mobile platforms and devices. In this case, Hospice of the Red River Valley choose the new Galaxy Tablet, which is one of the leading new devices available for health care.”
- Emanate Wireless Launches PowerPath Temp, Revolutionizes Healthcare Refrigeration Monitoring
- UPMC Partners with Vivify Health for Mobile Population Health and Chronic Care Management
- Four Leading U.S. Health Systems Sign On To Improve ICU Care With Philips Enterprise Telehealth Programs
- Nucleus Independent Living Enables Rapid Response to Care with CellTrak™
- Procura Attains Mobile Milestone Topping 3 Million Mobile Healthcare Visits
- CellTrakCARES Feeds the Hungry and Helps Fill Food Banks this Holiday Season
- Interim Healthcare Rolls Out Procura Home Care Software
- Tech-Savvy Seniors Seek Digital Tools to Manage Health
- Combined Fluoroscopy Solution Provides Excellent Image Quality At Eastbourne DGH
- A Proposal To Increase EHR Satisfaction Using Education
Latest from Healthcare Technology Magazine News
- Global Healthcare IT Market Will Grow At A CAGR Of 5.7% to 2018
- BRHC Supports Centralisation Of Specialist Paediatric Services With Three New C-arms
- Procura Group of Companies Leads US Market
- CellTrak™ Achieves Major Milestone in roll-out of Latest Platform
- Introducing First-of-a-Kind PhysIQ Predictive Analytic Technology for Proactive Health Monitoring
- CareCloud Continues to Expand Market Footprint, Product Innovation, and Infrastructure for Growth in Second Quarter of 2014
- Mark VanderWerf Elected Chairman American Telemedicine Association’s Industry Council
- GlobalMed Announces New Alliance for Transforming Healthcare Delivery In The Middle East Through Telemedicine
- Secure Mobile Communication Market in Healthcare Industry
- The Promise of Integrated Healthcare: Health Information Systems