AT&T* has expanded its 4G LTE network in the Jackson area to include parts of Copiah County bringing more customers the latest generation of wireless network technology. AT&T launched 4G LTE last year in Jackson, and the expanded coverage is part of its ongoing rollout across the market. AT&T 4G LTE provides several benefits, including:
- Faster speeds. LTE technology is capable of delivering speeds faster than many other mobile Internet technologies. Customers can stream, download, upload and game faster than ever before.
- Cool new devices. AT&T offers several LTE-compatible devices, including new AT&T 4G LTE smartphones and tablets. -- Faster response time. LTE technology offers lower latency, or the processing time it takes to move data through a network, such as how long it takes to start downloading a webpage or file once you've sent the request. Lower latency helps to improve services like mobile gaming, two-way video calling and telemedicine.
- More efficient use of spectrum. Wireless spectrum is a finite resource, and LTE uses spectrum more efficiently than other technologies, creating more space to carry data traffic and services and to deliver a better network experience.
"Improving our local communities is my top priority," said Representative Greg Holloway. "It is always great to see improved infrastructure that will help draw economic development to the region." "We continue to see demand for mobile Internet skyrocket, and our 4G LTE network in Copiah County responds to what customers want from their mobile experience -- more, faster, on the best devices," said Mayo Flynt, president, AT&T Mississippi.
AT&T's 4G Network
AT&T's innovation and investment have resulted in the nation's largest 4G network, covering more than 292 million people with ultra-fast speeds and a more consistent user experience. Our 4G LTE network delivered faster average download and upload speeds than any of our competitors in PCWorld/TechHive's most recent 20-market speed tests.
AT&T's 4G LTE network delivers speeds up to 10 times faster than 3G, as well as multiple innovations that optimize the network for performance. Our network's radio components are placed close to the antenna at most cell sites, instead of inside the base station, which helps minimize power loss between the base station and antenna and, in turn, improves the performance of our 4G LTE network.
The network also is designed with its core elements distributed across the country, which helps reduce latency, or the delay when using the Internet, because your request isn't traveling as far. Even as AT&T continues to expand its 4G LTE coverage, customers can get 4G speeds outside of 4G LTE areas on our 4G HSPA+ network, unlike some competitors, where smartphone customers may fall back to slower 3G technologies when outside of LTE coverage. AT&T's focus to deliver the best possible mobile Internet experience goes beyond 4G to embrace additional connection technologies.
AT&T operates the nation's largest Wi-Fi network**** including more than 32,000 AT&T Wi-Fi Hot Spots at popular restaurants, hotels, bookstores and retailers, and provides access to more than 402,000 hotspots globally through roaming agreements. Most AT&T smartphone customers get access to our entire national Wi-Fi network at no additional cost, and Wi-Fi usage doesn't count against customers' monthly wireless data plans. AT&T also is a leading developer of Distributed Antenna Systems, which utilize multiple small antennas to maximize coverage and speed within stadiums, convention centers, office buildings, hotels and other areas where traditional coverage methods are challenging.
Over the past five years, AT&T invested nearly $98 billion into its operations across the country. Since 2008, AT&T has invested more capital into the U.S. economy than any other public company. In a July 2012 report, the Progressive Policy Institute ranked AT&T No. 1 on its list of U.S. "Investment Heroes."
*AT&T products and services are provided or offered by subsidiaries and affiliates of AT&T Inc. under the AT&T brand and not by AT&T Inc. ** Limited 4G LTE availability in select markets. LTE is a trademark of ETSI. Claim based on a comparison of U.S. national carriers' average 4G LTE download speeds for Android(TM) and Windows smartphones and iPhone 5. 4G speeds not available everywhere. *** 4G LTE device and data plan required. Learn more about 4G LTE at att.com/network. ****A Wi-Fi enabled device required. Other restrictions apply. See www.attwifi.com for details and locations.
- Redox Extends Capabilities of Salesforce Health Cloud with Patient Data from Electronic Medical Records
- Emanate Wireless Launches PowerPath Temp, Revolutionizes Healthcare Refrigeration Monitoring
- Mission Health Selects PeraHealth To Enhance Clinical Surveillance, Patient Safety
- UPMC Partners with Vivify Health for Mobile Population Health and Chronic Care Management
- Philips And Allianz Worldwide Partners Launch Connected Health Solution And Services In Germany
- Philips Enters New Agreement On Patient Monitoring Systems And Software With The Stockholm County Council
- Four Leading U.S. Health Systems Sign On To Improve ICU Care With Philips Enterprise Telehealth Programs
- National Decision Support Company Launches CareSelect
- Siemens Healthcare Limited Expands Consolidation With New Assays
- TriZetto’s New QNXT Configuration Solution Enables Healthcare Payers To Rapidly Change, Launch Products For Success In Post-Reform Market
Latest from Healthcare Technology Magazine News
- Global Healthcare IT Market Will Grow At A CAGR Of 5.7% to 2018
- BRHC Supports Centralisation Of Specialist Paediatric Services With Three New C-arms
- Procura Group of Companies Leads US Market
- CellTrak™ Achieves Major Milestone in roll-out of Latest Platform
- Introducing First-of-a-Kind PhysIQ Predictive Analytic Technology for Proactive Health Monitoring
- CareCloud Continues to Expand Market Footprint, Product Innovation, and Infrastructure for Growth in Second Quarter of 2014
- Mark VanderWerf Elected Chairman American Telemedicine Association’s Industry Council
- GlobalMed Announces New Alliance for Transforming Healthcare Delivery In The Middle East Through Telemedicine
- Secure Mobile Communication Market in Healthcare Industry
- The Promise of Integrated Healthcare: Health Information Systems