As healthcare reform and proposed legislation launch telemedicine into the future, it seems that healthcare giants like Cisco Systems and Polycom may be too heavy to finish the race.
Today's telemedicine and telepsychiatry leaders, such as CloudVisit Telemedicine and Vidyo, are far more nimble and affordable than their clunky predecessors -- a reality that is not lost on budget-conscious doctors, hospitals, and healthcare decision makers nationwide. Like Vidyo, CloudVisit Telemedicine is helping healthcare institutions of all sizes launch telemedicine and telepsychiatry initiatives with unprecedented scalability.
CloudVisit's HIPAA compliant telemedicine platform turns traditional video interaction into life-changing healthcare encounters between patients and their doctors, and patients and one another.
"Our custom-built technology makes it remarkably easy and secure for providers and patients to meet with each other online," said Daniel Gilbert, president and CEO of CloudVisit Telemedicine. "Today, there's no reason for life-saving technology to be bogged down with complex networks and legacy equipment. Open a laptop or click on a tablet and CloudVisit is there."
With partnerships ranging from single-provider doctor offices to major medical device companies, CloudVisit is transforming existing, low-cost technology into today's telemedicine. Through custom-branded solutions and website integration, CloudVisit's platform facilitates appointment scheduling, secure video consultations, and even patient billing, on demand.
Using hardware that's already in hands, offices, and hospitals worldwide, CloudVisit is being used in mental health treatment, chronic disease management, weight loss programs, urgent care centers, and patient peer support initiatives. CloudVisit technology facilitates one-on-one video sessions, multi-user video encounters, and easy EHR/EMR integration through Continuity of Care Record (CCR) export.
As a fully web-based SaaS (software as a service), CloudVisit can be accessed securely from anywhere at anytime.
"We're not suggesting that Cisco and Polycom have lost their place in hospitals," said Gilbert. "What we've done is broaden the world of telemedicine so that every doctor's office, every emergency responder, every patient, and every hospital can be connected through back-pocket devices and existing internet access. With CloudVisit, a telemedicine platform can be up and running in a matter of days. We consider ourselves a new breed of telemedicine."
Latest from Healthcare Technology Magazine News
- Global Healthcare IT Market Will Grow At A CAGR Of 5.7% to 2018
- BRHC Supports Centralisation Of Specialist Paediatric Services With Three New C-arms
- Procura Group of Companies Leads US Market
- CellTrak™ Achieves Major Milestone in roll-out of Latest Platform
- Introducing First-of-a-Kind PhysIQ Predictive Analytic Technology for Proactive Health Monitoring
- CareCloud Continues to Expand Market Footprint, Product Innovation, and Infrastructure for Growth in Second Quarter of 2014
- Mark VanderWerf Elected Chairman American Telemedicine Association’s Industry Council
- GlobalMed Announces New Alliance for Transforming Healthcare Delivery In The Middle East Through Telemedicine
- Secure Mobile Communication Market in Healthcare Industry
- The Promise of Integrated Healthcare: Health Information Systems