AMD Global Telemedicine Inc. (AMD), the world’s leading supplier of clinical Telemedicine Encounter Management Solutions (TEMS) TM, announces the expansion of their school-based telemedicine programs across 14 states within the Continental US.
The telemedicine technology is implemented by community health clinics to improve children’s access to quality healthcare and provide primary care services in school clinics. School-based clinics that have adopted AMD’s telemedicine technology represent the following states: Alabama, California, Colorado, Florida, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Michigan, New York, North Carolina, Oregon, Tennessee, Texas and Virginia. AMD reports a 250% increase in the number of states using their technology for school-based applications, over the last 18 months.
“Telemedicine technology has allowed us to provide children with easy access to inexpensive healthcare services in an environment conducive to the least disruption possible for them as well as their parents,” commented Sal Saldivar, Chief Information Officer at La Maestra Community Health Centers.
“A single telemedicine system can be deployed seamlessly without requiring additional technical support from the school IT department, and more importantly – AMD’s telemedicine products are easy for our staff to understand and use,” added Saldivar.
“Over the past four years, we have witnessed the tremendous change in how schools are embracing telemedicine technology. What was once considered an IT project by the school system is now a community health program,” commented Dan McCafferty, Vice President, Global Sales and Corporate Development, AMD Global Telemedicine. “We are excited our telemedicine technology is having such an impact on the future of our children,” added McCafferty. AMD Global Telemedicine showcased their telemedicine solutions at the School-Based Health Care convention this week, June 30-July 2 in Seattle, Washington.
Latest from Healthcare Technology Magazine News
- Global Healthcare IT Market Will Grow At A CAGR Of 5.7% to 2018
- BRHC Supports Centralisation Of Specialist Paediatric Services With Three New C-arms
- Procura Group of Companies Leads US Market
- CellTrak™ Achieves Major Milestone in roll-out of Latest Platform
- Introducing First-of-a-Kind PhysIQ Predictive Analytic Technology for Proactive Health Monitoring
- CareCloud Continues to Expand Market Footprint, Product Innovation, and Infrastructure for Growth in Second Quarter of 2014
- Mark VanderWerf Elected Chairman American Telemedicine Association’s Industry Council
- GlobalMed Announces New Alliance for Transforming Healthcare Delivery In The Middle East Through Telemedicine
- Secure Mobile Communication Market in Healthcare Industry
- The Promise of Integrated Healthcare: Health Information Systems