Aerotel Medical Systems, a leading global supplier of advanced remote monitoring solutions for telehealth and telecare,and its partner Cinterion, the global leader in cellular machine-to-machine (M2M) communication and a Gemalto (Euronext NL 0000400653 GTO) company, announce winning the Connected World Magazine’s prestigious gold Value Chain Award in the home health category for Aerotel’s e-CliniQ™ system and the Connect-CELL™telehealth homecare hub. Connected World Magazine’s Value Chain Awards honor the most successful corporate adopters of M2M technology and the solution providers that make their success possible.
The Aerotel Connect-CELL hub is intended for home-based chronic disease management applications. It automatically collects data from Bluetooth®-enabled medical sensing devices as well as wired devices and uses a Cinterion M2M module to securely send data over cellular networks to a health monitoring center. Authorized doctors and clinicians can log in at anytime and from anywhere in the world to access health measurements and determine treatment approaches.
“Aerotel and its partner Cinterion were honored for using M2M technology to enhance quality of life for patients with chronic conditions by increasing access to doctors and care givers,” said Peggy Smedley, editorial director and publisher of Connected World. “Connect-CELL helps cut costs while improving quality of care and it also highlights the transformative power of M2M technology in solving global healthcare challenges.”
“Aerotel’s Connect-CELL homecare hub uses the latest Cinterion M2M technology to address the urgent need for solutions that reduce spending while improving quality of service for the growing ageing population,” commented Norbert Muhrer, CEO of Cinterion. “The use of Connect-CELL has already proven to reduce hospitalization costs by up to 30 percent.”
"The Connect-CELL hub is part of Aerotel's e-CliniQ system, which is one of the most cost-effective home telehealth solutions available today with proven clinical and economical benefits,” said Ofer Atzmon, Aerotel Medical Systems vice president for business development and marketing. "With Connect-CELL, caregivers can remotely see when a patient is in trouble and respond immediately for increased peace of mind and convenience.”
Connect-CELL™ and e-CliniQ™ are registered trademarks of Aerotel Medical Systems. All other trademarks are the properties of their respective owners.
Latest from Healthcare Technology Magazine News
- Global Healthcare IT Market Will Grow At A CAGR Of 5.7% to 2018
- BRHC Supports Centralisation Of Specialist Paediatric Services With Three New C-arms
- Procura Group of Companies Leads US Market
- CellTrak™ Achieves Major Milestone in roll-out of Latest Platform
- Introducing First-of-a-Kind PhysIQ Predictive Analytic Technology for Proactive Health Monitoring
- CareCloud Continues to Expand Market Footprint, Product Innovation, and Infrastructure for Growth in Second Quarter of 2014
- Mark VanderWerf Elected Chairman American Telemedicine Association’s Industry Council
- GlobalMed Announces New Alliance for Transforming Healthcare Delivery In The Middle East Through Telemedicine
- Secure Mobile Communication Market in Healthcare Industry
- The Promise of Integrated Healthcare: Health Information Systems